23/08/2010

Cybersadism

I was out walking with a friend last night. Around one in the morning he suddenly asks me, you have cash on you? I have coins, I say. He turns to point to an ice-cream shop across the road which is surprisingly closed. If you sell things like juice, junk and ice-cream inside IIT and you are closed before midnight, you should not be surprised about low sales, or uninteresting conversations in your parlour.

Suddenly, I had an intense craving for ice-cream. It was a perfect craving, because the urge was licking up my belly and red-hot whistles were blowing off in my head.

There are varieties of cravings. Mild earl grey ones. Ones which act like additional plugin required pop-ups, incessant and self-updating. There are ones which simmer for weeks, months, sometimes even years without our knowing. Ones which teach you things about yourself you never knew. There are others which haunt you forever, which are never fulfilled.

Barely twelve hours after my perfect craving, I come across this.




And this.





This put my teeth at their edge.




See what I mean?




Just thought I'd share the agony.

(Photo Source)

3 comments:

  1. Credits for the pictures: www.designcrushblog.com

    If you go to the original post there, hovering over the pictures will give you recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I do with the recipes! HUH? :| Now meesa wantsa ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you there, Will. And I don't know many people who read Trick Mirror also scout the internet for ice-cream recipes. In my head, unless things don't sizzle or burn, they don't need recipes. :P

    You see when the urge is hitting you? 23:24 hours. There was a parlour here inside IIT which used to be open till 2 am. My brother worked there for a while and it was heavenly - free ice-cream for me when the owner wasn't around. Discounts when he quit. :)

    ReplyDelete

goodness.

 My first response to reading this blog again was, seriously, a post on parenting - that was what I last posted about? I can't help but ...