14/12/2021

goodness.

 My first response to reading this blog again was, seriously, a post on parenting - that was what I last posted about? I can't help but write this with a grin twinkling across my face because you see, I am a parent now but back when I wrote this there were exactly two things in life I was certain about: no parenthood, no marriage. Hah! Reason number 1 to keep a personal blog going is to for the chance to laugh at your past selves.

I cannot help but feel grateful to be where I am today. I seem to have emerged from one crisis to the next stronger and eventually, better for it. Silver linings नहीं हैं, बनता बदलता नक़्शा है। I remember, sometime in 2011 or 12 meeting a psychiatrist and asking her, thanks for the diagnosis - truly - but why do I have depression? And she said, I could give you a wide range of reasons but is it really necessary to know why? It's hard to find a good psychiatrist because it's such a tough job, isn't it? There are good ones; once in a while you come across a wise one. 

I'm grateful because I feel invincible. Nobody gets to a place like this in their lives without the grit that friends are. And so, to the bricks that built me up: What a blessing to me you have been. 

Chandana

Tiggy

Deepti Moorthy

Stuti (do you remember that awful year of high school?)

Roshni (then and now)

Steve (possibly imaginary first crush but SO real and comforting)

Kavya Firefly

Sarath G

^, your friend I met at that party at your place in Sanjaynagar who was simply breathtaking 

Sharan

Jo - a toast, to our fabulous YouTube channel

Tina and Sonu

Samra

Ryan, Nithya (we are so witty in our chats and emails da!)

Shrey

Anjali (and our iconic Delhi trip)

Pari

Garima Diva

Pai

Pallo

Asif

Shilpa K

Chiku

Anurag (bhai - I'm working on our annotated copy of Anthropocene, Reviewed)

Pri

Shibani 

Sheena

Siddharth (for laughing when you did - it changed my life)

Simran

Justin (solidmax)

Atul (arre vah!)

Sushil (जीने का सबब पुख्ता कर रही हूँ)

No comments:

Post a Comment

goodness.

 My first response to reading this blog again was, seriously, a post on parenting - that was what I last posted about? I can't help but ...