11/08/2011

The Silent Descent of Time

Freedom is having your own little laptop. To stay up nights, against the light, and let the dreams talk to you on the screen here instead. Quiet songs that make the tick slowly tock away.


Spaces are created. With the liberty of time they flow out into the open when we conduct the sounds of our mind. The waters stir, the ground deepens, the sky widens.


The moment smiles over me and I take a picture. Dust covers the still surface of my sunken jasmine tea. It feels good to have time to yourself, time to reflect and see it descend upon you.

2 comments:

  1. Poetic and true.

    The luxuries of solitude and time are something I miss and I don't.

    But if you paint such pictures in my mind, the balance certainly tips in the former's favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is what you make of it - as you've seen in your train journeys. :)

    ReplyDelete

goodness.

 My first response to reading this blog again was, seriously, a post on parenting - that was what I last posted about? I can't help but ...