04/05/2008

Captain Hook goes fishing

This one is solely for you, Sharan.


Ten Things You Wish You Could Say To People Right Now:
(you can withhold names if you want)

1. I wish I was there.
2. Patel Uncle, Vimal's - You have the brightest smile I've seen among shopkeepers. And your prices are the best. Thanks for keeping inkpens alive.
3. The five teachers in my life, of my life - I remain forever indebted for a million reasons.
4. Paridhi - don't listen to one word about 'not talking to strangers.' Those supposed adults are just plain chickens, and you're missing out on Cosmic Brilliance.
5. Arjun Singh and the Chinese Government - Fuck off.
6. Meryl Streep - you're a great actor. I'd like to meet you someday.
7. Roald Dahl, Alan Fletcher, Edward Lear, Robert Frost and Sylvia Plath - thank-you. So much.
8. Pearl Jam, U2, Michael Buble, Mohd. Rafi, S.D Burman, A.R. Rahman and all the bands and singers which have made the music I love and revere -
It's the terrible beauty in terrible pain
Like the smile of happiness you can't restrain
Stop me in the middle of an agony
And make me feel with bravery
9. Nani - Please don't worry about me. And please - don't ever leave me.
10. Kavita K. - You were a wonderful person. Thank-you for not forgetting me that evening.

Nine Things About Yourself:
1. I used to bite my nails.
2. I'd like to die free-falling.
3. I don't drink tea, but I can make it really well.
4. I hate it when people say 'k' while chatting.
5. I can't walk too long with my bag slung on my left side.
6. I like stroking barks of trees while walking.
7. I love dots, the sound of crunching gravel and dahi-alu-poori.
8. I don't think I can ever learn how to play basket ball.
9. I'm terrified of dying in the middle of a sentence.

Eight Ways To Win Your Heart:
1. Love life. It's incredibly attractive.
2. Smile.
3. Smell nice.
4. Write letters to me.
5. Make something for me. It could be a sock puppet or a song, it doesn't matter.
6. Enjoy silence.
7. Refrain from platitudes. Instead, show just the right amount of chivalry.
8. Be original.

Seven Things That Cross Your Mind A Lot:
1. You don't remember, do you?
2. Why?
3. Smile. Smile! It was funny!
4. Nice.
5. Just do it - it's simpler than arguing.
6. Bloody hell, that was scary.
7. You still don't remember, do you?

Six Things You Wish You Never Did:
1. Try embroidering a lion. I could never complete it.
2. Get up late on Holi ten years ago. I was in Lucknow, where the worst holis are played. Was woken up by being sprayed with water and sticky colours. Disgusting.
3. Underestimate my father.
4. Cheat in my class 11 Physics Final Exam.
5. Let my mother give away my purply-green pyjamas.
6. Take my music player to Thane. My sister lost it, and I've missed it deeply ever since.


Five Turn-Offs:
1. Negativity
2. Yellow trousers
3. Dirty nails
4. Smoking, drinking
5. Justifications


Four turn-ons:
1. Deep, earthy colours
2. Rain
3. Wrists
4. Twilight


Three Things You Want To Do Before You Die:
1. I'm not saying the first one here.
2. Learn tap-dancing and Urdu.
3. Make a movie for the hearing impaired and work in a circus.


Two Smileys That Describe You:
:Q
:!@#$%

One Confession:
Really now.
Anyway, just to humour you, I'm awful with sarcasm. I usually kill and stuff the corpse by taking it literally.

I Tag:
Shreyas
Jaya
Rohan
PS: Don't take the smileys seriously.




4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 30, 2008

    hey!! damn you both!! wht is it with u two??!!!

    u just write these awesome blogs.. i cant even think of matching them!! :(

    all of them r fantastic.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nirmowloo darling :)

    I feel nice and Parsi - that's how they parsi-ise names of people they like.

    Your comment reminds me of 'Match the following' questions in school exams.. did you have them? Till I was in class 5, we had to draw arrows matching the answers to each other and I remember how lovely it was to create an unintelligible web of crooked arrows travelling everywhere..

    I'm still walking through your blog - I like the poetry. And you're so prompt!

    Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 30, 2008

    haha.. sounds good though.. i might consider re-spelling it if i have the parsi mood!! ;)

    hehe.. yeah we did.. we had match the following in sanskrit till std 10!!
    :D

    thanks for the comlpiment!! :D

    ReplyDelete

goodness.

 My first response to reading this blog again was, seriously, a post on parenting - that was what I last posted about? I can't help but ...